Skills, training and
employment opportunities

The Building Futures Programme is a training scheme offering a permanent role for a limited number of students who have completed a Level 3 qualification (such as A Levels or a BTEC). In paid employment, those on the programme will complete nine months of rotational placements within different departments before choosing their permanent role.
An apprenticeship is a paid, structured programme of learning, typically lasting between one and four years for people aged 16 and over. It can often lead to a permanent role in the business.
The Graduate Scheme is a two-year programme in a permanent role with structured four to six week rotations in all core areas of the business for the first six months. Graduates then return to their department to begin their roles and, if applicable, start working towards a professional accreditation.
An industrial placement is a period of paid work experience lasting for one year on a fixed-term contract, typically during a four-year degree course. On successful completion, you will be given the opportunity to return to Berkeley Group and join the Graduate Scheme.
We run intensive training academies in several of our departments including construction, sales, and customer experience. Candidates typically bring transferable experience from a different industry and learn about how to apply it to the built environment sector during the training programme.
A T Level is a two-year qualification delivered by colleges that you can do after GCSEs which is equivalent to three A Levels. It includes an in-depth industry placement that lasts at least 45 days. Students spend 80% of their time at college and the other 20% with an employer, putting these skills into action. Talk to your school or college to see if this could be right for you.
We offer short work experience placements to give people the chance to find out more about different careers within the built environment sector.
You can download the document here.
Start your career with us
At Berkeley, our aim is to create employment opportunities that benefit the local community.
Working with Southwark Skills Centre and Southwark Works, we are committed to ensuring local people are able to access the right training, skills and job opportunities to improve their career prospects; helping them secure long-term, aspirational employment.
If you or someone you know may be interested in finding out more about the roles, please leave your contact details here and we will get in touch as soon as possible.
All information you give us will be stored safely, treated confidentially, and only used in connection with this project. Read more in our Privacy Policy.
Berkeley Homes Apprenticeship Programme
The Berkeley Homes Apprenticeship Programme finds individuals who have the drive, motivation and desire to succeed and gives them the opportunity and support to do so. The scheme focuses on the individual, with pastoral care and support to help each apprentice through the programme and onwards into employment.
Through our engagement with the London Neighbourhood Scholarship, we have committed to supporting a local person through their architecture degree, offering financial support over 3 years from 2024. We also have a wide range of work experience placements available for local people to help inspire them to take up careers in the industry.
If you are keen to find out more, please leave your contact details in the form above. Or if you prefer, get in touch with our dedicated team by emailing us at
We would love to hear from you and provide all the information you need about our skills, training and employment opportunities.